- How and when did you start training?
I started when I was 16 years old, I had no friends because of my personality and the principal thought it would be a good idea to put my overacting attention-needing self into a class with all seniors. The intention was to mellow me out and it worked. By default I gained a passion for strength training and body modification.
- What is your favorite quote?
“Be proud of how far you have come & have faith in how far you can go”
- What are the top 3 tips would you give to someone looking to get six pack abs?
1. Know how to train and when.
2. Know what to eat, when to eat it,
3. Know why you’re eating it, & why you’re eating it when you are.
Those 3 tips can turn your six pack into cover worthy material.
- In general do you have difficulty gain muscle, losing fat, or are you a genetic freak that we all love to hate?
I’m a definitely not a genetic freak. I have a few of those friends and they drive me crazy. I have difficulty losing fat, my body wants to be at 215 and 10%, I make money at 200 pounds and around 5-6% bf.
- What foods do you keep in your fridge?
Chicken breast, veggies,fish, eggs, udo-s special blend omegas, probiotic, enzymes, cooked rice, etc
- What is your favorite cheat meal?
Cookies, “I am a cookie monster”
- How do you manage to stay motivated?
I have much to accomplish as fast as I can because of my age. I did not lift a weight 10 times in ten years, I had no muscle density. So my motivation comes from competing with guys with more muscle density and knowing that my 5 minutes will be up in couple of years. So I train really hard.
- What is you greatest fitness achievement?
My first cover of Muscle & Fitness
- What are your future goals?
I would like to become the first Mr. Olympia Men’s Physique Champion 2013. First I have to go pro though
- Who do you admire in the fitness industry and why?
I admire many people, a few of them are; Arnold Schwarzenegger and Frank Zane for their reputations in the industry and the icons they are. I’m a huge fan of Greg Plitt; it was his picture that I tore out of a magazine and put it on my fridge before I even thought of becoming a fitness model. Rob Riches is another guy who I admire, he taught me how to do my first quarter turn less than 5 minutes before my 1st contest. I was entering a contest and didn’t know what a quarter turn was lol; I also admire his stage accomplishments in the fitness industry. Clark Bartram and Mike O Hearn, were the guys on the magazines when I was in high school so when I made it into the industry (a total dream) I was lucky enough to be able to meet both of them; I was not disappointed, in fact very impressed. There are many more but I’ll use them for another interview.
- What philosophy do you live by?
Try to do good because bad leads to guilt and guilt creates anxiety. Anxiety sucks, so do good.
- How many days a week do you train and what is your routine? (split, exercises, sets, rep range, ect…)
- What is your diet when trying to get in peak condition? (Sample day diet, macro nutrient goals, tips, techniques, ect…)
- How do you deal with cravings?
I use a lot of fiber in my diet, which makes me feel full. I deal with my cravings mentally by remembering what my goal is, I also change my perception. Hunger is actually a great feeling if you’re trying to lose weight, if you are dieting correctly hunger only means that your body is eating itself for fuel. Cravings equal hunger in my mind, I love perceptions:)
- What are the top 3 mistakes most people make when trying to get six pack abs?
1. They don’t do the exercises with correct form.
2.They don’t diet for long enough.
3. They avoid the pain, naturally it is human to avoid it but not pushing past your pain threshold is a mistake.
- Have you been featured in print or electronic media and if so what media? (Magazines, Other Sites, Commercials)
I have covered many romance novels and publications such as: Muscle & Fitness, Reps, Strength and Anatomy, Men’s Workout, and other magazines and info products. I am currently sponsored by Body Logix and South Seas Skin Care, so naturally I am on their products and brochures as well.
- What is your competitive history?
LA FIT EXPO, Couples Winner, WBFF Men’s Fitness Category 2nd and 5th place in the World Championships, NPC Utah Winner and Overall Men’s Physique, NPC California Winner and Overall Men’s Physique. I have not been competing long but will continue to do so.
- Do you have a business in the fitness industry and if so, what is it?
My businesses: DavidKimmerle.com, which is being remodeled as we speak.